Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians were originally called the “Daughters of Erin” and established in 1894. The last name change was in 2004, and the group is now officially incorporated as the Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians, Inc. The motto has always been, “Friendship, Unity and Christian Charity”. The primary focus of the Ladies AOH years ago was to protect young Irish immigrants and to assist them with employment in the United States.
The Ladies AOH Division was Chartered in 1999 and is located in Lawrenceville a neighborhood in Pittsburgh. Today, the Ladies AOH Division 23 is very active in Christian Charity and continues to promote the traditions of the Irish culture. The patron saint of the Ladies AOH is Saint Brigid of Ireland.
If interested in joining the LAOH or the AOH please contact one of the officers for more information.